Workforce and Education

Today, the unemployment rate is different in various countries, just like the standard of living. Statistics show that the unemployment rate in the United States is about 9% of the population, in Ukraine – about 1.5%, in Canada – on average about 7%. But in some provinces of Canada, there is a terrible shortage of labor reserves. For example, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan, the unemployment rate reached the -6% mark (minus six percent), which means that companies and enterprises need employees so badly that they will be incredibly happy to hire you with a starting salary of 50,000 CAD per year.

These deplorable unemployment rates are extremely beneficial for students and graduates of Canadian universities. Usually, foreign students have the opportunity to get a 3-year work visa only at the end of a 2-3-year study program, and only then apply for a residence permit. But the Canadian authorities approved the issuance of the latter permission earlier for graduate students of universities in Saskatchewan who graduated from the Post-Graduate (8-10 months of study), Master and PhD programs.

Requirements for Post-Graduate Programs

  • A certificate, diploma or academic degree from a Canadian university;
  • Six months of paid work experience in the province of Saskatchewan or British Columbia (on-campus, off-campus, co-ops, etc.);
  • Work permit;
  • A job offer (full-time) not necessarily related to a study field.

Requirements for graduates of Master or PhD programs

  • Master’s degree and/or PhD degree from Saskatchewan University or Regina University;
  • Submit documents within two years after receiving the degree.

Intention to reside in Saskatchewan or British Columbia, which must be confirmed in one of the following ways:

  • six months of paid work experience in Saskatchewan;
  • current employment in a specialty or job offer in Saskatchewan for a period longer than 6 months;
  • your spouse is working in Saskatchewan (full-time);
  • savings that will be enough to live in the province for a short period of time ($10,000 for you and $2,000 for each family member);
  • Canadian employers offer an employment contract for a period of 1 to 2 years;
  • starting salary from 10 to 25 CAD per hour;
  • free medical insurance;
  • the possibility of applying for permanent residence after 6 months of work for most specialists.